About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Monday, March 21, 2011

* Eggs

Backyard chickens are all the rage these days and we decided about a year ago to join the fun and start doing things and making choices to help us become more self reliant. Big J made us a coop out of an old dog house that wasn't being put to use anymore and some wood from all the salt pallets he accumulates over the winter from his snow removal business. We love our coop and so do the chickens, we have really happy fat chickens. They require very little maintenance and don't create smell, like some would have you think, they also eat all your table scraps. We feel weird when we put ANYTHING down the disposal. Since we are a small family, we often find ourselves with a surplus of eggs so we like to give them away when we have the opportunity. I went on Picnik and made this cute label and tied it with a ribbon and gave it away to one of our neighbors.  We feel so fortunate to be able to do these little things for others.  They are small but often provide others with the greatest amount of joy.  Spread it around today if you are able!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are able to do these kinds of things. We just started a small garden. We don't have a huge backyard so we're starting small. I wish I was your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete