About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

* Busy Bees


As some of you know, we have a beehive in our backyard. Yes, we have children and yes, we did this on purpose. My husband (Big J) used to work with a bee keeper in his younger years and really loved doing it so he's taken up the hobby once again. We have 6 unbuilt hives in your garage right now and as I look out my back bay window, I see him hammering away building the new bee boxes. Don't worry, they won't ALL be in our back yard, well, only for a month :{ We will be planting them in various places around the city but need the weather to improve before we do so. I don't worry too much about O getting stung, it only takes one sting and they'll stay away from the hive for good. Should be interesting with 6 hives though. Tomorrow O's preschool has asked us to come in and give a 20 minute presentation on bee keeping. We are so excited to do this! O keeps talking about it and getting us totally into it. He thinks his parents are really cool! I know that changes with the different stages of life but we'll take it while we can.
Bees are so important to the life around us. We want to help sustain life and keep things beautiful and blooming! We will be planting a bunch of lavender bushes against our house in the backyard. The honey we get from our hive should have a lavender hint to it. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment