About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

* Big O's 4th Birthday

Today was a BLAST!!  O has been anticipating this day ALL month LOOONNNNGGGGG.  At the end of every day starting on the 1st of March we would check off each day as we watched his birthday grow closer and closer.  He started to get really naughty and noisy as his birthday approached, I had to put him in time out a bunch of times and finally he broke down and said, "MOM, I'M JUST EXCITED FOR MY PARTY, THAT'S WHY I'M BEING CRAZY!!".   I've never felt so relieved in my life.  For a second there I thought that he was turning absolutely nutsy.   I also felt really bad for not seeing this in the first place.  After that, I just let him go crazy and make all the noise he wanted.   The boys arrived and were greeted at the door with their own personalized cape and matching mask.  They played for a little bit in the basement.  Meanwhile, Jesse was putting on his bad guy clothing (all black).  I had all the boys go in the backyard armed with their cans of silly string not knowing when or where this "bad guy" was going to come from.  All the sudden Jesse bursts through the back gate yelling and scaring the boys, they reacted so cute.  They all started screaming and spraying him with their cans of string.  I've seen some fun things in my life but seeing my son's face today has topped the list.  Pizza came and we all came in for lunch.  After lunch we opened presents and then went downstairs for some pinata whacking.  I had Owen decorate his pinata this year (I added a few of my own artwork, if you could call it that).  I thought it would be another fun tradition.  It turned out really funny looking but no one cared and Owen loved it!   I filled it with assorted tootsie roll stuff and sticky frogs, lizards and hands.   We then enjoyed cake and ice-cream which was MARVELOUS!  I couldn't have asked for a better day for my son.  The weather held out long enough for us to have a blast outside.  All the running around and chaos to get all the details in order was so worth it for my precious son.  Thanks for letting me take a minute to rave about our day!





















No comments:

Post a Comment