About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

* Bikram Beginning

I've been running again and my knees are starting to suffer.  I've had to take a break from pushing the pavement in order to let my knees heal.  I have to do something, I can't just sit here and let my body get soft and weak.  My friend suggested I join her at Bikram Yoga.  I've found the early morning workouts are just the key to starting my day off right.  I feel good all day long and I have more energy despite the fact that i've gotten a little less sleep the night before.  6:00am class came REALLY early but I enjoyed it so much.  They crank up the heat and you endure 26 poses through a head to toe drenching sweat.  I wouldn't call it very intense Yoga but combine it with the heat and you have one amazingly cleansing experience along with some serious bone realigning.  My knees hurt so much less today and I cannot wait to go back.  For those of you in this area, they are offering a new student introductory rate of 10 consecutive days for $20.  I highly recommend it, even if you've never done one Yoga pose in your life.  Contact me if you'd like the address of the studio I attend.

Fact:  It has been scientifically documented that  Yoga has the ability to cure chronic physical ailments and heal the body.


In honor of my new found love of Yoga, I thought i'd let you know about several amazing offers from one of my favorite companies.
25% off bedding basics

$20 off plus Free Standard Shipping on all orders of $100! Hurry, limited-time offer valid 3.25 to 3.27.11!

Gaiam's Green Sale! Save 25% off all-natural Bedding Basics: comforters, pillows and mattress pads. Hurry, inventory is limited - sale ends 4.15.11

Final Days! Save 30% off Marisa Tomei hoopBody Kit - sale $27.98, was $39.98. This product will be discontinued on 3.31.11. Hurry and purchase your very own today!

2 comments:

  1. This warms my heart. My sister had knee surgery for a torn acl, mcl and menescus (sp?) in October and about 10 days following surgery went to Bikram every day for more than 3 months. The doctors and therapists said they had never seen someone gain range of motion and strength back as quickly as she did.

    Bikram heals! :)
    Love you Melinda and I hope i see you this week at class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to have the same result. My knees are still weak but not at all like they were before starting Bikram. I hope to see you at class too!!

    ReplyDelete