About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Friday, April 1, 2011

* Hmmm

So, I love to blog, that's a given. I've been doing it for my family for years now most of which was done totally private, no one looking in. Now that i've started a public blog I seem to have a bit of stage fright, i'm used to blogging without boundaries totally uninhibited. I guess i've just got cold feet. I'm not lacking personality by any means, i'm just trying to get comfortable with being on display for all to read, attempting not to offend anyone, attempting to not boast or give off the impression that I "do it all", because let's face it, NO ONE DOES IT ALL. When attempting to do it all you'll find that there will always be some part of your life that is being neglected i.e house, meals, laundry,children (let's hope not). Like most days the part that's being neglected is my house. I live in a very small house with a very inconvenient floor plan, my children play in the family room so any guests that come to my house get to see my cluttered living room right as they walk in the door. It's just my reality that until we are out of the baby stage I will just deal with the untidiness. That leads me to my next thought on my mind. What kind of image do I want to portray? We all have this image that we want people to see, it's called our front stage, it's the image where all of our kids are dressed perfectly with hair done neatly, our house cleaned to perfection, not one grey hair on our heads, our shirts pressed and our outfits accessorized, happy smiling faces and on our best behavior. This is the small portion of our lives that are on display for others, to judge and make assumptions about the rest of our daily life. Our backstage or behind the scenes life is the reality, it's what others DON'T see, the stuff that happens behind closed doors, this part of life is messy, loud, chaotic and sometimes stressful but it's the REAL part of life. It isn't fair to compare our backstage life to someone else's front stage , but it happens all the time. When doing this kind of comparison we begin to feel inadequate so we push ourselves to do more and take on more in order to keep up the image we see others portraying. The result of this only perpetuates more stress, neglect of our daily duties and more inadequacy. We all have the same 24 hours in the day and we are all moving as fast as we can throughout the day, no one is doing MORE than you are. I hope to give a realistic picture of myself and my life on this blog, I know you care because your nosey like that ;) Let's face it, we are all interested in other's lives, that's why we read blogs right? Thanks for hanging in there with me as I discover my comfort level and let loose. I can't wait to bring you all of my favorite things here on my little page of life. I hope to teach you some interesting things and inspire you just a little. I'm fulfilling myself and giving myself a much needed outlet so this blog is already a success! Thanks for joining me on my journey!

1 comment:

  1. well said, Melinda. I always find myself being envious of someone's facebook status...haha...but I always try to check myself and remember that people do put their best foot forward in public. It's always nice to remember the reasons why you're grateful for YOUR life. Enjoying the reading...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete