About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

* We Don't Swim In Your Toilet...

So this is the direction of my blog because it's naturally the topics that interest me the most.  Topics that are environmentally conscious and reviews that have your health and family's well being in mind... which leads me to today's post.  Reusable diapers.  Don't worry, i'm not going to over load you with info on the best reusable diapers or the many brands and techniques out there for protecting your baby's behind, not today anyway.  As summer approaches i'm shopping for clothing with UV protection built in so my child will be happy and healthy in the sun.  With this came the need for the proper swim diaper for Violet.  I hate those swim diapers that make you think they are absorbing but you don't know if they really work, you just trust the maker.  Well here's the fact. They don't hold urine, they only hold solid matter.   There has never been a disposable swim diaper made with a waterproof lining.  YUCK, all those times swimming with a bunch of infants, we were swimming in their pee.  So rather than tell you all the problems with disposable diapers I thought i'd tell you the solution!  IN HONOR OF EARTH DAY, ha, I didn't even plan that.
Here are some great options so you can check them out and find just the right one for you and your little babe.
Iplay
$10.99




Bummis
$13.00


$15.95

$12.95

Monkey Doodlez (My Personal Favorite!)
$20

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! I've been using non-"sposie" for swimming since Holden was a newborn...I love them. (Though I did try it at first with an absorbent insert (yeah, the cloth diapering thing was still very new to me).

    Sometimes I forget his and we have to buy the other kind; and it breaks my heart a little bit... but I love this post! Well done and I completely concur!!!

    ReplyDelete