About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

* A Little Business

So I had a friend come to me and ask me if i'd make the little flower girls head pieces for a wedding in the family.  Of course I said yes but with that came the pressure to produce something the family would LOVE.  I was kind of shooting blind.  I didn't know what the brides dress looked like, I didn't know much more than the colors of the wedding.  Thank goodness she provided me with the scraps from the dress maker.  I'm used to doing my own style, my own colors and if people like them then great but this time around I had to make something THEY'D like.  Putting yourself out there for criticism or judgement on a product you put your EVERYTHING in to can be quite nerve racking.  This business is very personal to me and growing thick skin is difficult.  Thank goodness I haven't had to deal with any negative issues yet but we'll see what the response is after the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment