About Me

My photo
I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom who loves to create like so many others. I love photography, boutiques, high heel shoes and rockin my soap box in those 5 inch stilettos. That usually gets me in trouble but I can't help it, it's what i'm good at I guess. I love running (only time you'll see me in flats), book making, journaling and blogging OBVIOUSLY! I'm a mother of two, Big O and Little Miss Violet. They are the loves of my life and the reason I love doing what I do. I have the most amazing and ever supportive husband who has been with me through the dark and the light, thick and thin, good and bad and so on and so on. He's my rock and I LOVE him!

Friday, May 27, 2011

* Engaging Your Children

We as parents know our children the best or we should at least.  We should be able to spot their strengths and interests and help guide them in a positive direction with those talents that are starting to surface.  For me i've noticed that my son has a great deal of energy and likes to kick and punch things.  I specifically remember him having quite a bit of pent up frustration/energy, so I let him go nuts on one of those plastic balls you find in the big cages at the grocery stores.  He punched and punched until his face was red and he was sweating, he loved it!  I decided to help him channel this energy into something that was combined with respect and discipline Tae Kwon Do was just the answer.  O's Dad (Big J) took Tae Kwon Do when he was younger and became quite good at it so he was excited to see O's enthusiasm at his first class.


The other day O and I were cleaning out the storage room when we found Big J's old Gee and sparring equipment, O couldn't wait to put it on. I think we found just the right summer class for O to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment